Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween!!

So today is Halloween. My costume is done (earlier this morning) and I am now prancing around campus as a Renaissance girl. Hmmm......I love Halloween. It's sad though because not many people are dressing up. I know Halloween is mainly for kids and stuff, but come on. Aren't "adults" allowed to have fun too?? I'm not talking about the going out and getting completely wasted and drunk and having a hangover for the next three days kind of fun. I'm talking about the fun of becoming another character for a day and just being able to do and act different from usual. Yes, I am going to a party tonight. The thing is I don't plan on getting hammered. Yes, I probably will have some sort of alcoholic beverage...but it's not the point. The point is hanging out and having a blast with a group of friends. Yes there tends to be alcohol at these type of get togethers, but at the same time I can see it as helping. Some people just won't get out of their box unless they are loosened up a little. I feel like this is sounding a little hypocritical, but I don't mean it to be. I'm just not sure how exactly to put how I feel into words.

Anyways...I'm happy it's Halloween. I can't wait to get back to my dorm and see all of the little kids dressed up and adorable coming for candy. This morning I saw a little boy dressed as a turtle. It was sooooooo cute. I just wanted to pick him up and take him with me. At the same time it reminded me of my previous Halloweens and all the memories I have from them. I just find it very interesting how some people perceive Halloween. Most of the time, it's the jerks that make Halloween not fun. I just hope everyone has a Happy Halloween and has a blast. It's my one of my favorite holidays and I just don't like it when good things are ruined.

Well...that's it for my rant right now...I might add some more later if I feel like it. Thanks for reading!! *hugs & kisses*

Love,
Stasi

No comments:

Post a Comment