Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March Madness

Good Morning my dear readers!! So I only posted once in February, but I'm going to make excuses and blame it on the fact that there's only 28 days! Technically, if February were 30 or 31 days long, today would be the 30th. But anyway, to make up for it I'll post at least three times this month. So the title for today's post has nothing to do with Basketball. A lot always happens in March, so I'm just doing a little bit of foreshadowing!! XD


So to say a little bit about March, most of my family's birthdays are in this month. My dad's, brother's, grandfathers, aunt's, uncles, step-aunt's, and I'm sure there are a couple of other people who I can't think of right now. Yeah, so March is also the snowiest month of Colorado, so we'll either be getting humongous amounts of snow or spring will actually come somewhat on time. Also this month is Spring Break! If I get the chance, I would love to head up to my Dad's house! Also, if it doesn't snow that week (it usually does), I'm definitely going to ride the four wheelers!! Ooooh, maybe I'll convince my Dad to have a campfire in our pit! Oooh, I really hope I don't end up working near the end of the week!!

Looking at deer from the back door at my Dad's house. They were only like 20 feet away!

In my last post I said I would post my fangirl rantings from February, so here they are!! The new Skip Beat! chapter doesn't come out until the fifth, so from here on out there will be fangirl rants! So, I'm going to start off with Japan (since I've been there before, and have a little less ranting to do)!! Arashi's new single "Lotus" came out on February 23rd!! I really love the song, plus it features a lot of Aiba-chan. Aiba-chan hasn't really been the main person of a single before. Yes, "My Girl" was for his drama, but the mv was a drama pv, so it didn't really focus on Aiba-chan like this single has! As Aiba-chan is one of my biases from Arashi (the other being Sakurai Sho-san)!! The pv is beautiful! I love them in all white (I think it's the first time) and I really enjoy the dance too! For those who might not know, this single is for Aiba-chan's new drama called "Bartender." I haven't started it yet, but I am planning on watching it. I just prefer to wait until most of the episodes have come out and then marathon a series (especially Japanese ones because they usually only have 10~11 episodes)!! I'm excited that Aiba-chan is starting to do more dramas now! He's done a few musicals before, but I can't really see those considering I'm all the way here in America. So to end my Arashi rant, here's the mv for Arashi's "Lotus!" Enjoy!!




The second part of my fangirl rantings, goes to my number one band, Super Junior!! There's been a lot in the fanverse lately. Super Junior M has made their comeback!! I'm really happy to see Henry and Zhoumi active again, but I'm a little sad I won't be seeing as much of our leader Leeteuk! Anyways, for those of you that are a little less in tune to the Kpop scene, or don't really follow the happenings of Super Junior, a lot has changed for Super Junior M! With the loss of M's leader Hankyung, SM has added Eunhyuk and Sungmin to the subgroup. At first I was a little weirded out, especially with Eunhyuk joining, but I love the new song. It has quickly became my favorite Super Junior M song! I'm a little sad that Sungmin in a little hidden throughout the mv and doesn't have too many lines. On the other hand, Asia's Anchovy (as well as our Henry "Mochi") rap in English!! Plus, Zhoumi has a lot of lines. I really love Zhoumi's voice! He's in my top five Super Junior members +2!! A little sad that Donghae doesn't have a lot of lines either, but I love his and Henry's cravat!! Gives them both a princely feel. I also really love the lyrics to the song and the meaning. I had to help explain it to my Mom and little Sister, but my interpretation of the lyrics is that they are obsessed with someone (the listener) and they want them to become just as obsessed as they are with them. I hope that made sense. Oh, and I should mention, the boys are HAWT in the video!! Oh, and a little side note, the choreographer is from Colorado!! Not many people realize this, but Colorado has given out a lot of really talented people. There just isn't as many as California or New York or other huge places for entertainment. So, before I continue on to other Super Junior rantings, here is Version 1 of Super Junior M's new single, "Too Perfect!!" (Side note: there are three version. The second is the Taiwanese version where the subs are in traditional Chinese characters and smaller. The third is the Korean version. I'm posting the first.)




As for other Super Junior rantings, I'll continue on with a little more about Super Junior M. Because they will be promoting throughout China and Taiwan, Eunhyuk has temporarily left Sukira! T_T For those that don't know, Sukira (abbreviation for Super Junior Kiss the Radio) is a 2 hour radio show hosted every night by Leeteuk and EunhyukEunhyuk's last broadcast occured the other night (although it was early morning for me) and it was sooooo sad! They were crying. The only thing I couldn't really understand was that they were acting like he wasn't coming back, even though he said that it was only going to be for three months. Also there that night was Yesung, who is going to be taking Eunhyuk's place. He used to have a radio show a couple years ago and substitutes every once in a while, so I'm excited to see more of Yesung. It'll also be a different dynamic having YeTeuk running Sukira instead of EunTeuk! But overall, I just wish all of the Super Junior members well in their endeavors and hope that their promotions and all types of shows are successful!


Continuing on with a little bit more of Super Junior ranting, I'm sure you've heard my rant about my favorite manga Skip Beat! before. I think I've mentioned this before, but there has been a Taiwanese drama adaptation of this manga in the works for a while now called "Extravagant Challenge." Unfortunately, Ariel Lin has stepped down from playing Kyoko's character. A few months ago, it was released that the two male characters were going to be played by Super Junior's Choi Siwon and Lee Donghae!! (I really hope that Donghae plays Ren's character!!) Unfortunately, a little bit ago there was a statement saying that they may be dropping out, partly because Ariel did as well. This makes me sad, but I honestly just hope that they start producing this drama because I would love to see it! Most of the Taiwanese dramas I've seen are based off Japanese manga, and I've thoroughly enjoyed most of them. (Especially ISWAK & TKA!!) Hopefully though these are just rumors (I don't believe the Ariel one is a rumor though) and they start actually starting filming soon. I'll just have to keep getting as much information as I can about this drama. Honestly though, I hope they do the drama really well. I don't want to see anything ruin Skip Beat! Oh, maybe if it doesn't work when I get my degree in Production I can try to produce a Skip Beat! drama adaptation!! Hmmmm...

Ariel Lin with Donghae & Siwon during the filming of her MV "Fireflies"

Finally, my last fangirl ranting (kind of) doesn't really have to deal with one specific fandom. I bought a region free DVD player finally and it has already come!! I'm really excited that I don't have to watch my Japanese and Korean DVDs (although all of them are concert DVDs right now XD) on a computer!! It's so nice!! Now I just need to wait for Black Friday again and maybe I'll be able to by an HDTV so the resolutions is better. I'm still using my cathode-ray tube TV. It's a nice and big TV, but sometimes I wish the widescreen options would look better on it. That and it would have better resolution (especially when compared to the TV my mom has). So anyways, thanks for reading once again! And if you've made it this far, I hope you aren't completely turned off by my excessive fangirl ranting and excitement!! As always, I'll leave you with a customary gif!!

 
Lee Donghae!! XD

Ja Ne~
Stasi

No comments:

Post a Comment