Monday, January 31, 2011

Snowy Ends

Hello!! So it's the last day of January...and there's only 3 hours left. Once again I am lacking at updating at a more regular basis, but I have a different goal now. To post at least twice a month for this year. I figured that would be a good start until I can get a more regular blogging schedule down. Oh, and it snowed today, hence the title!

 A picture I tweeted this morning after work!

So...I guess first off I should go into what has been going on in my life lately. Well, sorry to disappoint, but it's pretty much school and work. I have watched a few movies and a few episodes of various variety shows, but that's pretty much it. Today my Women Studies class started, so I have another class to add on to the load. As for work, nothing is really new, or really old for that matter. Oh I have been reading a lot lately. I finished a book the other night, and it was book 15 in the past month (since Christmas). There was also 17 comic books/manga, but those go a little quicker than novels. Yeah...so it's actually been really nice being able to read. It's weird. I hardly read for a few months, and then I pretty much do nothing but read. I haven't played my DSi in a long time because of it.

Art from Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8; one of the comic book series I read!

Oh, that reminds me, Champions Online went free to play!! I downloaded it and started playing! It's a lot of fun! I really don't need to get addicted to another game now, but what can I say. I love being a Super Hero!! The only thing that I don't like about it, is the names they give their NPCs. So the villain Mastermind in the game is called Dr. Destroyer, while the leader of the league of champions (think justice league) is called Defender! If only the game could have the DC Universe characters! But besides every time I have to talk to them or the story mentions them (I snicker to myself when that happens), I'm really enjoying the game! I've already saved Millennium city from an Alien Invasion, and am now currently trying to figure out the plans of the Purple Gang and stop whatever it is they have planned. LOL

A cap of my Champions Online character before I went to the tailor (before the outfit change).

Hmmm...so what else is there to blog about. Well, I've been missing Japan a lot lately. I went through all my pictures the other day. It's been a weird mood. I really want to go back, but at the same time I always just want to go forward to studying abroad in Korea (fingers crossed)! I was watching an episode of Himitsu no Arashi-chan the other night. While watching it I just had this feeling I had seen it before, but it was the first time it was subbed so I was a little confused. Then I noticed the date on the file, and realized I had watched it when I was in Japan. After VIP room, the next corner was the Ranking Derby. One of the rankings was who did yankees think was the coolest among Arashi. Of course, instead of saying Kakkoi, they said Kakke~. That's when it hit me, I had watched this episode with Naruto! I had asked him what kakke~ was, and he explained that for males, sometimes they change the i kanas to e kanas. He gave me some other examples, but then I had to open my mouth. Trying to show that I understood what he was saying, I said tanoshe~~. Of course normally it's tanoshi~, but Naruto started laughing. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "That's a word you don't really do that too." Of course Masaki (one of our RAs) came by, and my use of tanoshe~ was spread around for others entertainment!! UWAH!! I have so many memories of Japan, but I wish I could remember more. Oh how I'm getting...Japan-sick (instead of home-sick).

A cap from Arashi Ranking Derby, a corner from Arashi no Himitsu-chan!

So...what else can I update about. Oh I finally found a dining room table! It's a little bigger than what I was planning on getting, but it was on clearance and it's really nice. It's originally a $400 table, but I got it for $170 with tax. It was on clearance because a bench and a chair were missing (I still have 3 chairs which is enough) and then the manager gave me a 20% off coupon that a previous customer had left behind!! Yeah, so I got that right before the dinner party I held last night. I was definitely buzzing (my face was warm and I giggled in the middle of a sentance {I fail to see how the second one is that different from normally though}). But it was a lot of fun. Plus, that morning I met with my friend Micah from High School and we had Breakfast at IHOP and we were there for almost 3 hours catching up. It was such a nice day yesterday!! A good way to start out the week, and a pretty good second to last day of a month! I just hope that I can continue to have these sort of fun days more often. That'll help keep me from getting as stressed as I was last semester.

My new dining table before I had it all set up (I tweeted this picture).

So I'll a couple of other small updates and then I'll end tonights entry. First, we have our atrium room for Nan Desu Kan and I'm really excited. I wasn't originally planning on going this year, but I'm really looking forward to it. Now I just need to figure out my cosplays for next year. Second, the Super Bowl is next weekend, and I think this might be the first year I miss it. I know it doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but my Mom and I have watched together for at least the past 10 years. Crazy isn't it. Plus the Steelers made it this year (one of my Mom's favorite teams)!! Lastly, we started the Order of Chaos campaign the week before last! It's the sequel to my first campaign Infinite Order, and I'm really loving it! Derek is such a good gm and always has amazing story lines! Our fist session was pretty much one battle sequence (took just over four hours), but it was still a lot of fun. I'm really liking playing a cleric. I liked playing a paladin, but I think the Cleric is my kind of class. I'm really excited for this week's session. It'll be the second one (Derek was sick with a sinus infection last week, but he's a lot better now) and we'll have our fighter (a.k.a. tank)! Yeah, so I'm thinking I'll be posting later this week to rant about the session!!

Me as Cooking Mama & Dan as Butadaki Joe from Soul Eater at NDK 2009!

So, as always, the customary goodbye gif!! XD

Teukie during a performance of No Other!


Ja ne~
Stasi

No comments:

Post a Comment